- Level: All Levels
- Format: ~75 minutes of yoga/movement, ~45 minutes of Self-Reflective exercises, meditation and discussion
- Book: The Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- Date/Time: Yamas~Sun, March 25 - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Niyamas~Sun, April 29 -11:00am- 1:00PM
- 4 hrs CEU’s available to Certified Yoga Teachers
- Location: Southern Soul Yoga
- Register: southernsoulyoga.com
- For Both: before February 14th ~ $60 After Feb 14 / $75
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The Yamas and the Niyamas can be crucial in looking deeper at the self and how we interact with the world around us. The yoga path, as Patanjali lays it out in the Yoga Sutras, is a path that takes the mind from a state of constant movement and disturbance to a state of rest and harmony, and it begins with the practice of the yamas and niyamas.
Our physical practice (asana) and meditation practice do not sit in a vacuum; they rest firmly on the foundation of yoga’s ethical system. If we go to our mat or our cushion before we have had a heartfelt conversation with these principles, we are missing a powerful part of yoga. Gaining the skills to choose attitude, thought, and action, may be the grandest adventure you can take. we will Explore yoga poses to invoke or inspire the courage to bring these concepts to your life.
There will be opportunities for self- reflection and experiential practices that challenges us to apply yogic wisdom to our lives today.
Practice not Perfect
Please bring a journal, and writing utensil and an open mind 😊